Wednesday, March 5, 2014

More Adventures in Peru---> More Memories for a Lifetime

Hola! This past week and couple days have been fun, spontaneous, relaxing and exhilarating all at the same time. How is that possible? Come live in Lima, Peru for 4 months then you'll understand. So here we go....

Last week, we had school. School is school but holy crap it's a lot of work. Which I mean, is the reason why I am here to learn so I will embrace it and learn as much as I can. However, the amount of homework and studying I have to do is not so fun sometimes! But last Thursday, Missy, Nikki, and I tried to go to a movie with Missy's family. However, when we got to the theater it was packed with people and the tickets were sold out. So we resorted to going back to Surco and drank some wine. The next day Friday, Missy, Jorge, Adam, Dan and I went to El Centro de Lima. It was beautiful down there. Here comes the spontaneous part of last week. On the way there, the taxi driver told us of a tour we could take to San Cristobal. So as soon as we get out of the taxi, we buy our ticket 5 soles (super cheap) and go on this tour. We go up this hill where there is a huge cross and overlooks all of Lima. We could even see the ocean. It was beautiful. Up there, we could also buy candles and light them. Each candle stood for something else. Purple- health, White- family, Pink- friendship, Red- love, Orange- education, and Yellow- luck. Amazing experience! After this we went to a pancake restaurant with THE best pancakes I've ever had in my life!! They had so many different kinds including, Nutella, Nutella w/ strawberries, different kinds of ice creams and fruit, and more!




On Sunday, we left for our trip to a town called Icas. We rode a bus for 5 hours but even though this doesn't sound fun, it was comfortable, played movies, and had WiFi. So it was a great bus ride. We then arrived to our resort for the next 3 days, Las Dunas. This place was fabulous. We ate lunch then went sand boarding and sand buggying. By far, one of the funnest things I have ever done in my life!! That night we drank some wonderful wine and played Cards Against Humanity. I agree with Nikki West when I say I think I am biased, but I am pretty sure I have traveled with the best group ever!! 






The next day we traveled to the city of Paracas and took a boat ride to Las Islas Ballestas. I knew this experience was going to be great but it  turned out to be amazing. We saw "Candalabra" which is a crazy, awesome rock formation in a hill. There are theories that say it was made by the Incas but others say, like the Nazca Lines it was made by aliens. So cool! We then arrived to the islands and saw so many amazing things for example, Pelicans, Bottle Nose Dolphins, Sea Lions, Blue Footed Boobies (a type of bird), and Penguins!! Yes, Penguins!! Since they are my favorite animal, I was jumping with excitement. When I saw the sea lions, I wanted to swim over and give them a hug and when I saw the penguins I wanted to take one with me and walk like they do! So exciting! We then spent the rest of the time in Paracas doing some shopping at the markets. 





The rest of the time at Las Dunas was spent relaxing, laying by the pool, getting a massage (best thing ever), drinking some wine & pisco, and hanging out with La Familia! :) This weekend was short but relaxing. I think it was the perfect time for this trip because of the craziness of school, a break from reality was nice. However, coming back to reality was not so exciting. If given the option, I think we all would've stayed at Las Dunas until April 27th. We only have 53 days left here and it is going to fly by! It is hard to believe but exciting at the same time. Love & Miss you all!! Abrazos y Besos! Adios.


Some event/memories/mishaps I never want to forget..
    -While in Ica- Extreme Pillow Fight occured: not only did it happen so fast, it was boys against girls, & the       look on everyone's faces, they were out for blood! Especially Nikki, who may have swung a little to        hard at Adam! :)
    - While in Ica- we made a band using no instruments only sound effects. I myself think we have a shot at            making millions but we may need a little practice. Our band- Me: bass/drum noises, Nikki: harmonizing          beautifully, Emily & Marina: starting us off with the words, & finally we have Adam: some crazy bird              noise.
    - While walking back from El Polo- All of a sudden a huge crashing noise. "Oh, someones muffler just fell          off."- Jorge. All of us laughing and looking back and realizing he was completely right but have no idea          how he knew that by the sound. The guy driving the car then gets out and looks at the curb as if it
         made the muffler fall off his car! Priceless. 
    - While having conversations about magic & playing Cards Against Humanity with Missy & maybe a little         wine- "Como una broma?"- Missy. "No."-Me (everyone talking) "Como una broma?"- Missy. "No,             that's bruja."- Me. "My life is a broma!"- Missy. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment