Saturday, February 1, 2014

Parque de las Leyendas.. Lions, Tigers, & Bears, Oh My!!! :)

Another week has gone by and yet again, it consisted of a lot of fun experiences. This week we had school and I loved every second of it.. said no college student ever.. even if I am in a foreign country, school is no bueno! :) Our conversation class consisted of our teacher getting a bit defensive and angry because we call ourselves Americans (well we do life in the United States of AMERICA :) ) but oh well. Everyday is a new day right. Peruvian Lit still may be the death of me but I can't get to made or frustrated because our teacher's explanations with hand/arm gestures make it worthwhile, and then the experience of possibly not passing my first grammar test. :) So all in all a good week right? :) I will get adjusted to school, it may just take a little more time :)

One of the most amazing discoveries we have had in Peru is movies!!! Like good, new, still in theaters, brand spanking new movies!! They sell them! For cheap!! And if anyone reading this has seen my movie collection it is pretty darn impressive!! So these movies..okay okay they may not be totally legal but they are still movies and they work great and they are cheap! Did I already say they were cheap because guess what, these things are cheap!! Yesterday, we went to the market on la calle Primavera, and I bought 3 movies for 10 soles. In American money, 10 soles= $3.54. Yeah read it again because thats exactly right!! :) As you can tell, I may or may not be a little excited.

Yesterday, the group and I went to the zoo in Lima called Parques de las Leyendas. This zoo was beautiful and had a lot of different kinds of animals. A lot of llamas, and monkeys which I was completely okay with. We all met at UPC at 9 and left for the zoo. It was about an 1 1/2 hour taxi ride to the zoo but totally worth it. We spent the whole day roaming, wandering, looking, Jorge & Daniel playing with bubbles, and loving the zoo. By the end of the day we were sunburnt and exhausted. 

This weekend on Sunday, Nikki, Missy, Adam, I, Dr. Miller and his family will be heading to Iquitos which is gonna be a once in a lifetime Amazon experience. We fly out on Sunday morning and return Tuesday evening. I am more excited than ever! It may not be appealing to some people (cough..cough Amber) but the mosquitos, heat, humidity, will all be worth it. Can't wait to tell you about it.






No comments:

Post a Comment